Re: Goodbye to copper? [Telecom]

I got my first DTV over-the-air radio for Father's Day and just

> programmed it. It was very tedious and intimidation to read through > the 15-page manual going into all the options you had to select, > many of them with names that only TV techies know what they mean. I > almost gave up and asked one of grandkids to program it, it appeared > so intimidating.

Your use of the word "radio" confused me at first, but I'm guessing you're referring to a analog to digital TV converter.

I put off connecting converters to both of my TVs to the 11th of June :) partly because after doing so I lost the ability to program my VCR to record different programs.

Basically all that was required is to attach the input from the antenna to the antenna F connector and feed the output from the converter to the TV or VCR. Then I pointed the antenna towards the broadcast towers (there are two different locations for the broadcast towers in my area so I chose the direction that gave me the most channels.) I then chose scan for channels and it found all the channels and sub-channels. The only thing I found that was to get all the channels I'd have to re-scan every time I wanted to watch certain channels. But all in all it's very simple.

If you have "old" technology (e.g. VCRs) you lose the ability to record different channels automatically. But then again, with VCRs you've lost other usability such as adjusting for daylight or standard time automatically as well when the guvmint mandated that we change begin and end dates for standard and daylight time.

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.