Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Justice Dept. Sues Apple and Publishers Over E-Book Pricing; 3 Publishers Settle
Justice Dept. Sues Apple and Publishers Over E-Book Pricing; 3 Publishers Settle By JULIE BOSMAN APRIL 11, 2012 9:19 p.m. | Updated The Justice Department jumped directly into the fight over the...

DSL line question-Verizon-filters [telecom]
I just replaced my Verizon modem...they sent me a new one because the old one would periodically drop signal, and had to be re-booted each time. As a followup they called my today to check that...

[telecom] Apple, publishers face U.S. antitrust lawsuit over e-book pricing
Apple, publishers face U.S. antitrust lawsuit over e-book pricing By Jim Puzzanghera 8:33 AM PDT, April 11, 2012 WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department on Wednesday sued Apple Inc. and five major book...

[telecom] Microsoft Is Writing Checks to Fill Out Its App Store
Microsoft Is Writing Checks to Fill Out Its App Store By JENNA WORTHAM and NICK WINGFIELD April 5, 2012 Nowadays, cellphones are all about apps. And Microsoft is so determined to have lots of...

[telecom] AT&T Will Unlock Out-of-Contract iPhones
AT&T Will Unlock Out-of-Contract iPhones By JENNA WORTHAM | April 6, 2012 Starting Sunday, AT&T will allow iPhone customers whose contracts have expired to unlock their phones, or remove the...

[telecom] What 23 Years of E-Mail May Say About You
What 23 Years of E-Mail May Say About You By ANNE EISENBERG April 7, 2012 MOST of us accumulate huge amounts of data in our lives - including e-mails, telephone calls and spikes of writing activity,...

[telecom] To Stop Cellphone Cramming, Don't Let It Start
To Stop Cellphone Cramming, Don't Let It Start By DAVID SEGAL April 7, 2012 THE Haggler's last column apparently caused a lot of readers to take a close look at their cellphone bills, and many made a...

[telecom] Spam Invades a Last Refuge, the Cellphone
Spam Invades a Last Refuge, the Cellphone By NICOLE PERLROTH April 7, 2012 Text message spam has started waking Bob Dunnell in the middle of the night, promising cheap mortgages, credit cards and...

[telecom] Verizon to require landline as part of DSL package
Verizon to require landline as part of DSL package Move will affect new customers By Gail Waterhouse Globe Correspondent / April 7, 2012 Verizon will require new customers who want its high-speed DSL...

NYT: Spam and cellphones [telecom]
Two articles discuss spamming to cell phones from the New York Times: "Cellphone customers received roughly 4.5 billion spam texts last year, twice as many as in 2009, and remedies to the growing...

Falcone mulls voluntary bankruptcy for LightSquared [Telecom]
Full article here: Excerpts follow: Hedge fund manager Philip Falcone said in an interview on Wednesday he is "seriously considering" filing a voluntary bankruptcy for LightSquared, the struggling...

[Telecom] Poisson Table
Can someone here tell me where I can get a Poisson table for trunk traffic analysis? I've searched on Yahoo and Google but I find no tables. There are a few calculators around but that's not what I'm...

[telecom] Fax Modem gadgets
HP made a great gadget called a PrinterPal. It answered your fax line, and printed the faxes on your existing laser printer. Alas, printers now have USB, not parallel ports. Does anyone make a similar...

SaskTel ending rotary dial service [telecom]
Canadian phone company SaskTel, the telephone company (and broadband/tv provider) for the Canadian province of Saskatchewan, has been allowed by the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications...

[telecom] The Rise Of Micro-Labor
Rise Of Micro-Labor On Point with Tom Ashbrook Tuesday, April 3, 2012 New websites putting up small jobs for bid, or micro-labor, are on the rise. Clean my compost bin. Buy my dog food. Job-hungry...