Looking for serious opinions.

Hmmm, I wonder if that accounted for the shortage of Chemtronics heats we had a while back.

I would "think" it would not be the distributors responsibility to notify, but they would/could certainly help the manufacture to contact the buyers.

| > I know "opinions" here are not hard to find, that is why I thought I | > should ask. | >

| > With out going into a lot of detail and naming names. Who or how should I | > handle the following situation??? | >

| > I had installed a total of 18 "devices" on a system about 3 years ago. | > Come to find out that a total of 11 out of these 18 are with manufactured | > defects that will render the device non-functional. After contacting the | > manufacture and explaining the defect and sending pictures, they have | > agreed that there is a problem. They have requested that I would ship the | > defective devices back to them for further investigation. They have also | > agreed to a credit to me thru my distributor by supplying me with 18 | > compatitable devices of another manufacturer since non were in stock at | > this time. | >

| > My plan is to take more pictures and send a letter to the manufacturer | > concerning the defect. My concern is that once I send them back, I and | > other dealers (you) will never hear a thing about this. The indication is | > that they have no knowledge of this ever happening before with there | > product. | >

| > I am asking here to get some input as to how product recalls are initiated | > or implemented so that this does not get swept under the carpet. | >

| > And as I said above I will not divulge any names or product models at this | > time. This is just a fact finding mission that I am on at this time. | >

| > Thanks in advance for your responsible comments. | >

| > Les | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I agree, it would be nice.

Reply to
ABLE_1

If I recall correctly, we were notified by the manufacturer and a distributor when ESL had a recall several years ago.

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

yep...i remember that

| >

| >> I would "think" it would not be the distributors responsibility to | >> notify, | >> but they would/could certainly help the manufacture to contact the | >> buyers. | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.