Looking for schematics for Fire-Lite MS-424A

Forget it. These guys apparently feel threatened by you.

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

In almost all circumstances, yes. Roughly 50% of the equipment that comes across my workbench (mostly fairly delicate medical instrumentation, some audio equipment) has failed due to dodgy soldering at the factory. I have *never* had a repair bounce because of my soldering. Actual component failures are rare, except where the equipment has been severely abused.

How do you know he's risking the life of *anyone*? Perhaps he wants a fire alarm panel for his garden shed, or something.

I would be deeply unhappy about an alarm "engineer" who was not familiar with the equipment right down to component level coming anywhere near my house ;-)

If you're content to be a part-swapper, that's fine. Just don't call yourself an engineer.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordonjcp

And I said as much in my second to last paragraph. I also said that I would apologize if I were wrong - So I apologize.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

1: The sad statement I referred to was one that basically dismissed the idea of human lives being at risk and reduced the issue to one of insurance coverage. 2: I never claimed to be an engineer - so get over yourself.

3: While in the Marines I worked in shops where we repaired our equipment (and the associated test equipment) at the component level (The MOS I was in was one of the last in the military to do so). I also worked in the anti-tank units that used that equipment. When a piece failed out in the field I often had a good idea of just what was wrong but did I try to replace components out in the field? - No.

There is a time and place for component repair. In the field isn't one of them. If you can pump UL Approved equipment out of your garage then good on you - go for it. If not - don't.

Personally, I wouldn't want an engineer anywhere near my home. A solid installation is one best kept simple. Something engineers have a hard time doing.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Not really. I just know what it feels like when one's actions (or inaction) cause someone to be hurt. In my case it was someone close to me that was hurt but that doesn't make it okay just because you don't personally know the folks you are putting at risk.

Thankfully, that isn't the case here so once again, I offer my apology to the OP.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I know about your loss, Joe, and I'm sorry for that. I know that you are a lot more sensitive to fire alarm issues that most of us.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.