i2050 on BCM400 -one-way audio

I'm playing around with an i2050 (Nortel IP Softphone 2050) on Windows XP. The Windows machine is on a local network (192.168.0.x) connected to the LAN1 port of a BCM400. The IP hard phones (IP phone 2004) are on the BCM400's LAN2 (10.10.x.x)private network. There is an analog line on the BCM400 as well.

I can call out from the i2050 to the analog line, and I get two-way speech just fine. However, if I call to one of the 2004 IP phones on the other LAN, the call processing works fine, but there is no speech from the i2050 to the 2004 sets.

An Ethereal trace shows that the voice packets are addressed to the LAN2 private IP address. It appears that the LAN1 NIC is not picking these up.

Is there some extra configuration required to get these packets NATed by the LAN1 interface. (And consequently the packets would have the LAN1 IP address, not the hard phones local LAN2 address.)

Will

Reply to
willkath
Loading thread data ...

Is the router between these 2 networks configured as it should. Are the correct gateways configured on the phones ? Can you ping from the i2050 pc to an i2004 hardphone ?

Pennyman.

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Pennyman

Thanks. I knew it would be something along those lines, but I had previously had trouble finding the NAT settings for the BCM400. I found them yesterday. Turning on NAT, and setting the rules for LAN1, was I all I needed to do.

Will

Reply to
willkath

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.