MS16A

When the batteries are changed on the MS16A is it necessary to reprogram the house and unit codes? I can't seem to find that mentioned on the instructions I found on the net. I believe on the old MS14 motion detectors this was the case and I had a dozen of them and it was a pain.

Reply to
Gene
Loading thread data ...

I believe the MS16A (like the MS14A) uses the PIC12C508A microprocessor which does not contain EEPROM (non-volatile memory). So you would have to reprogram the device when the batteries are changed. Also, keep in mind that most of the MS1XA sensors revert to A1 when the power supply is cycled.

Reply to
avogel2

Thanks for the info. Now is there a better battery to use to power them like perhaps a battery for a digital camera [in the correct size of course [lithium ion perhaps]]?

I believe the MS16A (like the MS14A) uses the PIC12C508A microprocessor which does not contain EEPROM (non-volatile memory). So you would have to reprogram the device when the batteries are changed. Also, keep in mind that most of the MS1XA sensors revert to A1 when the power supply is cycled.

Reply to
Gene

The MS16A will run for a month or two in a heavy traffic area and many months in a moderate traffic area on standard AA alkaline batteries. If you are using it outside and have very cold winters, yes lithiums would be a good choice as they stand up better to the cold than alkaline, otherwise stick with the cheapies. If you are mounting in a position where access is a big problem, try the lithium's OR hot glue a 2 D battery holder on the back of the MS16. I get two years from alkaline D batteries. Only trouble is the piggy backed double D makes mounting the MS16 a little more difficult.

Reply to
D&SW

It is high traffic area use. I'll try the lithium's first then if needed wire the 2D battery idea up. Thank you for the info......... G

Reply to
Gene

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.