Will Windows security template affect firewall's operation?

I have the CHX-I firewall (actually a really powerful packet filter) installed on my Windows 2000 system. It lets you configure some fairly low-level settings, like limiting the number of half-open connections from a single host, and activating SYN flood protection if the number of half-open connections reaches a certain value.

I'm also looking at applying the security templates included with the Windows 2000 Hardening Guide (available from Microsoft). I notice that these templates change some registry settings, many of which are under HKLM\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\Tcpip\\Parameters. Some of these have to do with SYN attack protection and half-open connections, which are some of the things that CHX lets you configure.

I wonder if I were to apply the security templates, would that affect the operation of CHX-I at all? Does CHX-I depend on the registry settings that the security templates modify, or does CHX-I not care about those?

Reply to
void.no.spam.com
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.