Kerio 4.1.2

I'm trying it now. I've tried them since 4.1.0. There are still bugs and problems apparently, but the only bug I'm annoyed with is the logging. It duplicates entries in the logs when you enable logging to unopened ports and don't have any rules. Not a critical bug, but it's hard to believe they can't fix it after 2-3 months. So I imported my Kerio 2 rules and for some reason the logging problems pretty much goes away.. almost. :)

Otherwise it seems ok so far. A little high on CPU usage at times, compared to others.

I guess it depends on how curious you are about 4.1.2 and whether you have the time to install/uninstall and play with it.. It does have stateful inspection now, which is nice, and 4.0.16 does not. That's probably the main improvement/advantage.

Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

Any early adapters tried this new version, yet?

I'm still at 4.0.16 installed on three machines sharing files and printers behind a linksys firewall and wondering if it makes sense to upgrade.

Thanks, BB

Reply to
Bradley B.

Well, I guess the only way to find out is to try it and see. :)

You might want to beware though, as the chief complaint about 4.1.x seems to be the number of unresolved bugs and problems. Check Kerio's forums for comments and problems other users are having...

formatting link

Reply to
Kerodo

Thanks. Helpful to hear. Because I'm behind a NAT, I'm wondering how much of a benefit the stateful packet inspection would be, vs. the extra CPU load. One of our machines is a (faster) PII, and I'm trying to watch how much work I ask her to do.

Thanks, BB

Reply to
Bradley B.

Of course. Both good points.

cheers, bb

Reply to
Bradley B.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.