Roving analysis port on 3com 4400

Does anyone out there know how to set up the roving analysis port on a

3com 4400? There's no mention of it on the web interface. If I Telnet in, go to "feature/rovingAnalysis", and use the "add" command, I get "No ports are available to be used for Roving Analysis."

I tried removing the desired port from its VLAN, enabling/disabling it, etc., all with no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
dadoo3002
Loading thread data ...

I have no experience of this hardware:-

Google says: [Roving analysis port on 3com] Have you enabled Roving Analysys globally?

formatting link
Do you have fairly current firmware in that switch? The latest is

2.72, released Sept. 2004. Monitoring may not be available in older firmwares (mine has 2.71).

In the web GUI, click Configuration on the left-hand side, then click "Roving Analysis Port." Then change "Roving Analysis State" to "Enabled," and select a port to monitor (looks like you can only monitor one at a time) and a port to mirror it to (analysis port). If you have

a stack you should be able to have a monitor port and analysis port in different units.

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.