Recommended Lab CPE

I am looking into purchasing some used cisco gear that I want to use to build a home lab to help prep me for the CCNA, CCDA and CCNP exams. Sellers on Ebay boast of selling a bundle of equipment as a "CCNA Lab" but the routers seems to be dated (25xx series). Any suggestions on what equipment I should use? Thanks.

Reply to
okeykeke
Loading thread data ...

I am looking into purchasing some used cisco gear that I want to use to build a home lab to help prep me for the CCNA, CCDA and CCNP exams. Sellers on Ebay boast of selling a bundle of equipment as a "CCNA Lab" but the routers seems to be dated (25xx series). Any suggestions on what equipment I should use? Thanks.

Reply to
okeykeke

not sure about the ccda and ccnp lab setups...but the 2503, 2511, 2514,

25XX routers work just fine for CCNA purposes.

haven't done too much w/ this setup, i'm still goin' for my 640-821. but all the basic routing, show, configuration commands are there. the

2514 is nice, because it has 2 serial ports and 2 AUI ports. so more than a few devices can interconnect w/ it.

regards,

mgodinez seattle, wa

sunny...

Reply to
michael.godinez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.