Help for lab

Hi all I'm starting to study ccna to take my exam at the end of March. What do I need to set up a good lab to study. I have bought router 2504, is it good? I intend adding router 2600series and a switch. what difference will it make if i add 3600series instead of 2600? will it be a waste of money if get

3600series? or will 2600series be equally good? About switch I'm watching 1900 cata, would it be ok? I bought CbtNuggets and I'm going through it first? I want to buy the new 9cds of Learnkey, any others?

what about books? thanks all

Reply to
Hen
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I would say that a 2600 router is perfect for lab doing the CCNA. In regards to the switch, I would opt for a 2950 as the recent exams focus on that model as the 1900 is now old.

The 2504 is also good as with the serial interface you can use a DTE to DCE serial crossover cable to connect with your 2600.

J
Reply to
jamie

will Cisco Catalyst 2912-XL-EN Switch be OK?? Thanks

Reply to
Hen

If it's free, take whatever experience you can get. The 2924-XL used to be very popular and you'll still run into them.

If you're pay>will Cisco Catalyst 2912-XL-EN Switch be OK??

Reply to
hb350001

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.