642-801 routing exam now retired?

Has anyone else had problems taking the 642-801 exam?

I signed up with Prometric to take the exam today (Sun Oct 16). When I got to the testing center, I was told that they could not download the exam from Cisco - the official reason is "Cisco has retired the exam effective today and will no longer administer it."

642-801 is still listed on Cisco's CCNP web page as the official exam and it doesn't show up on the list of retired exams.

Not sure where to go from here. Cisco says you must take the 642-801 exam as a requirement to the CCNP but Prometric can't get their hands on it.

Reply to
stugarrett
Loading thread data ...

Who gave you the official reason? The test center or prometric? If it is the test center they could be covering for their own ineptitude. Ask them to take any Cisco test or perhaps ANY test, maybe they all are "retired".

Try taking a VUE test, or at least registering for one. Cisco normally warns in advance of exams retiring, especially CCNA/P.

Reply to
kymwak

The test center tried to schedule the exam and couldn't so they called Prometric. Prometric officials said that Cisco had expired the exam.

I opened a case with Prometric headquarters to try to get an answer.

kymwak wrote:

Reply to
stugarrett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.