640-802 passed .. what now..

Hi,

wondering for your input.

i passed the 802 exam (yay... ) today... I want to get more certifications.... I work for a telecom company and am getting my telecomunication degree as well.. should I go for my CCNP or CCVP ?

Reply to
PSK
Loading thread data ...

PSK pisze:

Which path you will most likely follow in your job? voice related, or generally networking related? Think of it, and then choose. You may as well do both in preferable order ;)

Reply to
Mateusz Papiernik

I looked at some job postings.. it looks like CCVP is in more demand than CCNP...

I've checked the cisco site for the appropriate exams..

any suggestions on which order i should study ?

642-642 QoS 642-432 CVOICE 642-445 CIPT 5.0 642-453 GWGK

Reply to
PSK

That depends how you look at it.

If you are primarily voice, then you may just want to knock your CCVP out because it is more relevant to your job. On the other hand, you may want to go for CCNP to round yourself out, and then go for your CCVP.

And vice versa if you are primarily data.

I guess I'm saying you should get both and the order you do it is entirely up to you. :-)

PSK wrote:

Reply to
ccie15672

PSK pisze:

It propably is due to growing demand for voice related services. I would, however, pursue both paths if possible, as even with voice related jobs, data networking knowledge is also often necessary. It is up to you, though. The main thing to consider when choosing path is whether you want to use the cert in your current job, or to look for a new one, I guess. The same goes to exam order - choose the one you will be able to use in your job now, and then finish the others, unless there are some strict prerequisites for each parts.

Not really, as I'm still on my CCNA path and haven't looked at the exams carefully yet :-)

Reply to
Mateusz Papiernik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.