Direct-Bury Fiber Solution?

Hi,

I need to link two LANs on a farm that are about 1500-2000 feet apart. They don't have line-of-sight, due to trees. I can trench a cable, but I'd prefer not to have to use conduit. Do any companies make a direct-bury fiber solution that would work over this distance?

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
gglave
Loading thread data ...

A simple answer would be that most every cable manufacturer has a cable design that suits your needs. There may be a slight problem with availability of a 2000 feet piece as these types of outside plant (OSP) cables tend to be sold by full reels, but if you deal with a good distributor, they'll cut it for you. Another slight problem may be that these cables usually have high fiber count, though you only need maybe 4 or 6 fibers (considering spares) in your situation. Also, singlemode is more common for these types of cables, and you need multimode. So choose carefully.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.