seting up ooma with a motorola sbg6580 cable modem

I am using the Motorola SBG6580 modem/router with the default IP address which is 192.68.0.1, my Ooma Telo only completes the boot up when I disable the firewall. If I leave the Motorola firewall on low, medium or high protection it will never complete the boot up and the Ooma flower will just keep blinking for days. Do I need to do something to the router fire wall to allow Ooma to pass thru? Thank you for any ideas you have about this problem.

Reply to
jlakner1
Loading thread data ...

I don't have an Ooma device [yet] but I'm interested in it.

Given your question is regarding the Ooma VoIP device, the best and most knowledgeable venue to re-post your question would be the comp.dcom.telecom group. Note that's been a moderated group since

1981 so it may be a day or so before your re-posting would appear in the group.

It would be extremely useful to also mention the following URL in your re-post so that those unfamiliar with the SBG6580 can see its capabilities:

formatting link

Also, if your computer is a Windows system and connected to the SBG6580 via USB, mention that since most people will assume a UNIX, Linux or Mac computer connection via Ethernet per page 4 of the SBG6580 User Guide just in case it makes a difference.

Thad

Reply to
Thad Floryan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.