2 Gang Box

If I have a 2-gang box that I want to use as a 1-gang box, is there a plate that I can put on it to make it such that the 1-gang device is centered in the box?

Please reply in this forum.

TIA

Reply to
DeputyDawg
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for your reply. However, not everyone in the world has the luxury of a HD or Lowes in their hometown.

Reply to
DeputyDawg

The answer could be yes and it could be no.

I know of no adaptor that changes an plastic box over to single gang. There are double gang trim plates with only one device (off center of course). If you have a metal box ( 4 square X some depth) then you in like flint.

Reply to
SQLit

Yeah, that attitude/response isn't real helpful, is it? Same thing here...

Answer is, they do make such an adaptor so if you do have an electrical supply you should be able to get one locally.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

yes, please visit your local home depot's electrical isle.

Reply to
doh!

Thanks Mike,

Exactly what I needed. Merry Christmas.

DeputyDawg

Reply to
DeputyDawg

Reply to
Mike Robinson

It's probably a little more crude than you wanted, but oh well.

Reply to
Mike Robinson

is there a plate

is centered in

sure is...home depot sells em by the thousands you will have no problem finding one. 79 cents.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

some people have to be lead by the hand.

Now that you know it can be done. and now you cant figure out where to pick up the cover or an adapter to solve your query .............

My suggestion is; hire a electrician. 79cent part $100 labor.

Reply to
doh!

Go away ya putz. Your brilliant wit is just too much for us peons

Reply to
Tony M

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.