confusion about xDSL performances

Hi, I've been working at my doctoral thesis by realizing some performance tests on VDSL systems. Now I'm trying to understand the main differences in terms of "bit-rate vs.reach length" of several xDSL standards in a real deployment scenario (that means in presence of impairments like crosstalk, radio frequency intereference, and so on).

Of course I found a lot of informations on the web, but they are almost always "wrong".

For example, I often read that VDSL can offer bit rates like 52 Mbps or even 100 Mbps on short loops. This is not correct: the ETSI VDSL standard (Technical Specification 101-270) defines some service classes, and the fastest among them is about 28 Mbps in both transmission directions. By measuring the real performance in presence of crosstalk, even this speed is not sustainable (my measurements and other similar tests that one can find in the same ETSI Recommendation confirm this).

Anybody knows about analogous standard-compliant tests on other technologies (ADSL2, Re-ADSL2, ADSL2+,...) so that I can do a serious comparison?

thanks in advance!

Reply to
Iscom
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.