WRT54GS dropping wireless connections periodically

"IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem. For more information, see Help and Support Center at

formatting link
" Maybe I don't know what to look for but the IPSec snap-in didn't really shed any light for me either. I've been using WAP/TKIP for security. Both wireless computers are dells which use a 1450 b/g wireless card.

Any help would be appreciated. John

Reply to
jalamia
Loading thread data ...

I'm planning on getting one of those (WRT54GS's) to play with some of the open source drivers available.

From what I have recently read about the device, make sure you are using the most current drivers (and also the most current drivers for the wireless cards in your computers). If you are using a third party utility to manage the computers' connection, try letting windows manage the connection.

If that doesn't solve the problem, you might consider using one of the open source drivers for the WRT54GS. You will get a lot more functionality and may be able to boost the signal strength of the WRT54GS.

Reply to
Jerry Park

Out of interest, why are you using the WRT54GS router without SpeedBooster NIC's. Why didn't you purchase the cheaper WRT54G?

Reply to
Brian K

I did not purchase the router myself, but it was originally bought with a wireless card that did support speedbooster, which was ultimatly returned but the router remained.

Reply to
jalamia

Just curious. Thanks.

Reply to
Brian K

I think the SpeedBooster NIC's are slower. About 10%. I wouldn't buy them again.

Reply to
Brian K

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.