Wireless VOIP?

I have a wireless network using a Motorola SBG900 and am looking to add VOIP. Can I just add a wireless bridge/adapter to my VOIP adapter and use my gateway as the router? I've heard this referred to as VOW (VOIP over wireless). If so, can I expect any loss of quality or interference since there'll be two wireless transmissions (handset to base, base to adapter, adapter to wireless network)? I also have a wireless gaming adapter and was wondering if I have to worry about a problem with using both of those at the same time as well. Both the gateway and adapter are 802b/g. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Milky-G
Loading thread data ...

That's the catch. My gateway is also my wireless router.......no extra ethernet ports, so it has to be a wireless connection. That's why I wanted to know if connecting the ATA to a wireless bridge would give me the "physical" connection I need without any loss of quality. It just doesn't make sense to have to connect a second wired router to my already existing wireless router. Thanks for the input, though.

Reply to
Milky-G

All you need to do is connect a ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter e.g. Sipura, Linksys PAP2) to a ethernet port of your router. Then just plug a DECT / wireless phone into that. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

You can get an ethernet switch to get more ethernet ports. Alternatively you can get a WIFI VoIP phone like Zyxel 2000P, Utstar, Senao and others, but they aren't cheap. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.