Wireless access between 2 brick buildings

I'm trying to setup a wireless network between 2 brick buildings about

75 feet away. I'm thinking that a wireless bridge might be the best way to do it.

I'm thinking about putting an ethernet to wireless bridge at my router, in a window that faces the other building. What do I need on the remote end?

The side of the remote building is also brick. There is a window on the

2nd floor. The computer is located in the basement. I thought I would have to have another ethernet to wireless bridge in the window on the 2nd floor. Will I have to plug an access point into the bridge at the remote building? Can I use the ethernet port on the remote bridge and run the cable to the computer?

Is this a practical way to make this connection? If not, what would be better?

I don't have to have the latest and greatest equipment. 11 Mbits/sec would be adequate. I'm trying to keep my cost down.

What brand of equipment would you recommend that has been found to work well and be reliable?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:40:22 -0400, Jim wrote in :

I'd put a wireless access point in the 1st building, and a wireless client bridge in the 2nd building, connecting by Ethernet to the computer in the basement.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.