wifi rx frame - why is this at zero?

hi, am experimenting with wifi for the first time. I have located 2 available networks, but despite the signal being good , and the fact it says connected, i can't access the internet (pages not found etc). I noticed on the wifi monitor that the tx frame is about 300+ and the rx frame is 0. is this because the networks are encypted or i have the thing set up wrongly??

it's a pc with win2000 and a zd network usb adaptor. default encryption is wep

many thanks. B.

Reply to
reverend_rogers
Loading thread data ...

It is most likely that the networks are encrypted. When you do not have the right encryption key, it'll discard all data that is bad.

Chris

Reply to
NetSteady

NetSteady ha escrito:

Chris: Thanks for the response. seems like the setup allows me to send enough data to connect, nothing beyond that, and not receive anything: looking at the connection properties box, it think it said sent: 50,000b and received :0b.

-B-

Reply to
b

On 23 Oct 2006 16:16:17 -0700, "b" wrote in :

As he said, you probably don't have the necessary encryption key. You aren't really "connected" -- that's Microsoft nonsense.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.