Trying out Boingo again

Several years ago I tried a Boingo prepaid account but found that I almost never visiited one of their hotspots. I just signed up for one of their

3-month special deals to see if they work any better for me this time. I notice a number of changes in their service, not all for the better.

In the past they provided an explicit VPN server which their customers could use from any unsecured connection. Today I don't see any reference to VPN in their documentation. When I asked they said it was "automatic" but wouldn't give any details. So tell me, if Windows does not create a named connection how can you use it? It doesn't sound right to me. vpn.boingo.com seems to exist. I just don't seem to be able to connect to it.

I also asked if I could connect to a Boingo hotspot with my Palm T5. All I got was a terse reply that they don't support Palm. Come on! There's lots of ways to skin a cat. You don't have to use the connection manager to connect. There must be another way.

So, does anyone know if it's possible for customers to directly log onto Boingo's VPN servier like we used to be able to do? Does anyone know how to access Boingo with a Palm?

Boingo also seems to have some very special deals for folks who want to use their WiFi phones. Only $7.95/month for global service? Has anyone tried this? Does this subscription restrict you to using just one device?

Unfortunately, when you call Boingo you seem to get a call center that just reads from the script and they don't seem to have an option to e-mail your questions.

Reply to
Donald Newcomb
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.