Signal strength Excellent... but only 1.0Mbps!!

Geesh. The amount of information provided is questionable. But, I will take a stab at it anyway as I have had my afternoon mocha....

Not usb 2.0?

todh

TyQuAnDo wrote:

Reply to
OldGuy
Loading thread data ...

Windows reports an Ad-hoc connection signal strength as excellent, but only states 1.0Mbps(it should be fine as it only has to cover a distance of around 7 feet, through a ceiling), and the actual internet connection sharing speed of 512kb dsl is somewhere around

4k.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Beta 2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
TyQuAnDo

: Geesh. The amount of information provided is questionable. But, I : will take a stab at it anyway as I have had my afternoon mocha.... : : Not usb 2.0?

Nope. Should work fine even with older versions of USB. Rate must be set at 1Mb I think. Change to "auto" or 11Mbs.

m.

Reply to
Marcin Lukasik

Check the channel your on (try moving away from the channel your using/try

1,6 then 11) it could be that you have lots of neighbors with APs and there is lots of interference on all 3 non overlapping channels (and maybe every channel). I have 14 APs that I can pick up from my house (as many as 5 on one channel!!!). Because of this my home AP which use to have a range of 500+ feet outside my house (up the street at the pool, so I know) down to 50 feet and sometimes only at 1-5.5 Mbps max!! T

Reply to
Tony

I would try different antennas orientations if you have external antennas (a move of 1 or 2 feet can yeild great results, also if think you might be getting some interference, place the antennas horizontally on both systems. Typicaly Ad hoc connections are slower anyway, at least I hear several complaints about it. But keep this in mind, they try to connect at the highest speed but if there is low power or interference the rates will keep stepping down to the speed where it can maintain a reliable link.

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.