Router sends me these packets for what?

These packets are send at what seem like random times often following som action of mine in web browsing, etc. What is their purpose. I have allowed outgoing for DHCP assignment but not these incoming. The block does not effect my connection. This is from a hotspot so don't ask me to check the router.

21/Oct/2011 12:xx:xx BLOCK-ALL-ELSE blocked; In UDP; 192.168.x.x:67->localhost:68; Owner: no owner
Reply to
Anonymous
Loading thread data ...

Is it really going to localhost? Localhost in my experience is 127.0.0.1, so this would be especially odd.

Reply to
alexd

"Typically this traffic is related to normal DHCP operation and is not an attack on your network...."

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

alexd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ale.cx:

That is the IP assigned to op's computer by the "hotspot" router. Why would it be 127.0.0.1, that's local to his own computer.

Reply to
freddy

freddy wrote in news:201110221955.UTC.j7v745$atf$ snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net:

Sorry misread your reply. Localhost is same as 127.0.0.1 so that must be where it is going unless his firewall is buggy.

Reply to
Freddy

-------------------------------------

I think:You should use a screen capture software,step may be a screenshot would be better,and I know a software for capturing screen on Mac OS

formatting link
it, you can edit your screen snaps as you like.You can try it!

Reply to
DylanJone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.