pcmcia card protector

I'm all wired at home but bought a Belkin Pre-N pcmcia card for my Toshiba laptop to use when I'm traveling (hotels, airports, etc). When the laptop is packed in its case, I plan to stuff the card in a side pocket. Will the card's connector be ok rattling around in there? It didn't come with any sort of plastic protector to prevent damage. Does such a cover exist in the marketplace? What does everybody else do about packing their pcmcia cards?

Tia, Rick

Reply to
PhantMan
Loading thread data ...

I carry mine in a hard plastic eyeglasses case and stuff the case in the side pocket of my Targus backpack. There's also room in the case for a D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth USB adapter for use with my Sony Ericsson T610 and GPRS when travelling.

Reply to
Axel Hammerschmidt

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:26:27 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid wrote in :

Yep. Just don't stuff it in any dirt. :)

I just toss mine in the computer bag. Been doing that without incident for years. But if you must:

Reply to
John Navas
*I have been using PCMCIA Cards (PC CArds) since their inception,. Have never gone out of my way to do anything special to protect them. And am constantly just throwing them in the pockets of a computer back. Like most things with your ciomputer, use common sense. Dont expose to moisture, dont put where weight will be on it, and keep any holes free of dirt. Simple
Reply to
PDA Man

"John Navas" wrote: PhantMan wrote:

Reply to
PhantMan

John Navas hath wroth:

I'm cheap.

formatting link
bought a few and discovered that some of my PCMCIA cards with antennas will not fit. Measure twice, pay once. There are a bunch of other styles on eBay. Search for "PCMCIA case".

I just shove my collection into an old cellphone belt bag. No damage yet. The big danger is in leaving the card in the laptop and then tossing the laptop in the bag. The projecting antenna section will bend, break, or become mangled. I know because I've done it.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Me too.

Yeah, the part of my adapter that sticks out of the slot is sorta fat.

aha... I think I see a cover that slides over just the "slot" part of the card. That's exactly what I had in mind.

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
PhantMan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.