No IP on card.

Anyone ever have an error message as follows: "Airport has no IP address, you are not connected to the internet"? Network utility shows indeed no address for IP and the the system's assigned address does not work. All bars dark indicating an otherwise strong signal.

Your opinions welcome.

Reply to
CB
Loading thread data ...

My opinion is that unless you supply some detail, such as what equipment you're using and what you're doing, you're not going to get a decent answer. However, a bad guess would be that you're somehow not connected to your unspecified model wireless router and therefore have not had an IP address delivered to your unspecified wireless client on a silver platter. Try again, this time with numbers.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Not sure I've seen exactly that, but if you're seeing this on a Mac, one possibly useful drill is:

• Pull down the menu below the Airport icon in the menu bar (4 quarter-circle arcs), select Open Network Preferences (last item in the dropdown menu).
  • In the list in the lefthand column of the Network window, select the connection you think you're using, if it's not already highlighted. (My list says "Airport (connected)", then "Ethernet (not connected", then "FireWire (not connected)", with the first of these highlighted.
  • Click the "Assist Me..." button at the bottom of this window.
  • In the box that drops down, click the "Diagnostics..." button.
  • In the Network Diagnostics window that opens, read the instructions; ponder the green and/or red Network Diagnostics buttons in the left column of that window; and click the Continue button and go from there.
[You can always back out of the subsequent windows and steps this leads you into.]
Reply to
AES

Hello,thanks for reply.

I've decided to take this to the local Apple Store and see if they can help. I called them and no solution that worked.

I'm running a MacBook with and Intel processer and have 120 GB drive, etc. Laptop has loads of muscle even tho it's almost 4 years old. Note: Other than routine stuff, this is the first real problem I've had. This showed up at the State Library. Free wireless, no password required. Been going there for a couple of years with no problem. My Network Utility Logs show no security (WEP etc) at this branch. OS is Apple's OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. From 2 discussion groups I read this has showed up in 3 of Apple's OSs. I tried 2 solutions that the posters said worked for them. They did not for me.

For the record, I've posted this query also in an all Apple group.

Thanks again for reply.

Reply to
CB

See my reply to Mr. Liberman. I have tried your solution and no luck.

Thanks for your time.

Reply to
CB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.