NEWS: Physics promises wireless power

Let me rephrase that...

Kind of like "extended GSM" by US wireless carriers.

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy
Loading thread data ...

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:27:26 GMT, decaturtxcowboy wrote in :

Stands uncontradicted. Unless and until you have some real proof to the contrary (which of course you don't), I'm done.

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You think your own unsubstantiated posts constitute any kind of definitive proof? Where is the independent data to back up your little fairy tale, Novice?

John has no independent proof of extended GSM use in the US. Not even Cingular admits to what would be a publicity coup for the carrier. Translation- John is lying.

Prove me wrong, parrot boy.

Reply to
Scott

I'm waiting for my flying car.

Reply to
SMS

They're here now. Just bring your chequebook: |

formatting link
|
formatting link
|
formatting link
|
formatting link
I'll wait for my Buck Rogers personal jet pack. |
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

WOW..now that sure is a respectable citation...quoting yourself. NOT!

Reply to
decaturtxcowboy

I thought that Navas invented the flying car.

Reply to
SMS

He invented the vibrator.

Reply to
sw

Yeah, and 60Hz is not related to any Lithium ion either. You hear these types at the Tesla conference where few of the speakers or the those listening know much about high school level physics.

Reply to
rob

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:28:35 GMT, rob wrote in :

Again, >> see his citation

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for the links. I had seen other reports related to this claimed cyclotron resonance and I don't think it has relevance to real world human activity. They have to squeeze the Earth's field down to 0.2 gauss to hit this resonance - the linewidth of which is apparently very narrow. I'm just a cynic on these things

- esp. after the billions spent on the claimed ELF effects from power lines which sounded preposterous after the first bit of investigation. I think they're looking awful hard to find some phenomenon to base more claims on. It's an industry.

But, I'll admit that things (my opinions included) could change --- I've seen it happen.

Reply to
rob

John Navas hath wroth:

The link blows up with a "missing cookie" error. Try instead: |

formatting link
works.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm not sure how much I agree with that. One project I worked on was a statewide wireless network deployment. I was in charge if tower site configuration, validation, and backhaul connectivity to said tower site.

These were shared towers that the state rented space on. There was more than one tower building I was in that actually made me physically sick after 15-20 minutes inside.

The first time I happened, it was already mid-afternoon, and I thought it was becasue I hadn't had any lunch yet. I left the building to get some food and after about 20 minutes I was feeling fine again. I was gone from the building about an hour, and when I got back, it was only another 15-20 minutes before I was physically sick again.

Yes, I understand that this was at the source of the RF, but it was a very short duration. Who really knows what the long term effects are of lower signal levels fro extended periods of time.

Regards,

DanS

Reply to
DanS

There was a Swedish case-control study that showed a statistically significant increase in brain tumors from the use of analog cellular phones.

See "

formatting link
" There is no argument that a sufficiently high level of RF energy has negative health effects, the argument centers around what that level is.

I'm shocked that Navas hasn't tried to use this study as a justification for shutting down the AMPS network, or as a marketing tool for Cingular!

Reply to
SMS

i always KNEW there was a good reason the UK power grid was 50 Hz not 60, despite all the hassle it has caused me over the years (usually with American equipment that wont work properly on our power system).

mind you - 110V vs 240V is what used to blow up imported VDUs now and then.

FWIW fluorescent tubes glow under a HV power line here as well

Reply to
stephen

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:56:51 -0800, SMS wrote in :

Natural selection at work. :)

Reply to
John Navas

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:50:14 GMT, "stephen" wrote in :

Fun to say, but off the mark, since the cyclotron resonant frequency of lithium isn't that precise -- other resources put it close to 40 Hz. ;)

Different issue.

Reply to
John Navas

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:56:51 -0800, SMS wrote in :

"No clear association was found for digital or cordless telephones."

Reply to
John Navas

I guess the point is that even the statement about solar isn't accurate. Many people have successfully used solar panels to power laptops.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:13:12 +0000, Mark McIntyre wrote in :

I'll be happy to respond to any specific technical errors you think you've found.

Of course, with the limitations I've noted.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.