wireless camera power consumption

Hi

I have a Swann microcam III wireless camera, it was supplied with a 9v battery. It only lasted 2 hours, so I replaced it with rechargeable ones, and they only last for 2 hours as well. The power rating is marked as

100mA, how long should they last? The fall back is to use the supplied transformer, but it is so neat without the wires.

TIA

Charlie Brown

Reply to
Charlie Brown
Loading thread data ...

You did answer your own question. 2 hours is about right.

You can add more 9v batteries in parallel, or use a different battery configuration. If you use 6 D cell batteries, you might get a week out of it. D cells are generally 2000mA, depending on brand. I have seen D cell rechargeables of 2500ma. So at 100mA consumption, you may get 35-40 hours on a D cell battery pack. If you don't need that much, go down to C cell, or AA cell.

You may also consider using an alarm system GEL CELL 12v 4 to 8AH will provide alot of power, Plus it's cheaper to buy than cell batteries. You will however need to get a charger for it as well.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Thanks Jim, I understand now, it just didn't sound right to have a security system with such a weak link as this - who would want to install a discreet camera that needs servicing at 2 hour intervals? I will follow your advice

gratefully

Charlie Brown

Reply to
Charlie Brown

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.