infrequent traveler question about biongo at airports

My first try at connecting to a wifi at the Minneapolis International Airport found me looking at the Biongo home page. While I was reading the information on the home page I was interrupted with a message screen saying Windows (I am running Vista) was in the process of updating and I needed to restart the computer or postpone. I chose postpone and closed Biongo and put in a DVD to watch while waiting for my departure time.

Question: Does Biongo start a Windows update process if you open a browser to the Biongo home page to read the information contained on it?

A few minutes later while watching the DVD another windows message screen appeared saying Windows update had completed step 1 and was entering step 2 and not to turn off the laptop. I tried to close/stop/ end the update process but nothing worked so I shut off the computer.

I have now arrived at my destintion and am wondering if I am in the middle of an ordinary Windows update or if my Biongo visit is behind the update and Biongo (or someone else) is trying to invade my computer.

I have not started my laptop at this point and am wondering want is a safe course of action to follow.

Any suggenstions or comments are welcome.

Terry

Reply to
seversont
Loading thread data ...

Sorry for the spelling error: Boingo instead of Biongo

Terry

Reply to
seversont

I can't imagine how or why it would. Most likely is you have your computer set to automatically receive critical updates (this is MS's default mode) and your lappy was busy trying to install an update it had downloaded earlier.

That would be my guess.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Boingo occasionally allows access tp soecific airline websites without having to pay for a day pass. Maybe they also allow access to MS?

Reply to
Robert Neville

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.