How to get the LAN IP of a machine ...

Hello, I just purchased a D-Link Di-524 wireless router. My problem is that I have two machines hooked up to it -- one of which is a Linux Fedora Core 2 box whose video card is shot. Short of replacing it, does anyone know how I can determine its LAN IP address (e.g.

192.168.0.101) through the router's admin panel? I am trying to make contact with that machine, but I do not know which destination IP I need to enter when I open a port in the router's firewall.

Thanks for your help, - Dave

Reply to
laredotornado
Loading thread data ...

if it is setup for DHCP look for status and it should show all connected machines...

Reply to
WRC

See the DHCP page in the DI-524:

formatting link
list at the bottom will show all the DHCP assigned clients. You'll need to know the MAC address of your Linux box. It's either printed on the ethernet card or on the motherboard. If it's not easy to find, just use process of elimination with the other machines leaving only the Linux box.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Can you connect to the D-Link and check the DHCP and see what one's are in use/have been issued but the router???

snipped-for-privacy@zipmail.com wrote:

Reply to
gene martinez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.