Dumb question about laptop

Ok I know this sounds idiotic but....outside of a book or something hard what the heck can you put under the laptop so it doesn't heat up? I mean aren't laptops meant for the lap????

Reply to
Erin Davitt
Loading thread data ...

You could alway use a cryogenic lap adapter!!!

I know what you mean about heat. I've used one of those laptop base risers available at most office supply or computer stores between my laptop and a lap desk I purchased at Borders/Barns & Noble.

This combo works just great

Bob

Reply to
Bob_M

I think thats why they are often called notebooks instead of laptops.

Reply to
Jerry Park

Have you noticed that manufacturers never, ever call them laptops? They're notebooks.

Why? Ask your lawyer.

/
Reply to

"Erin Davitt" hath wroth:

A laptop or notebook cooler, of course:

formatting link
formatting link
(about a dozen others...)

No. Laptops are in use outside of Lapland, which is in Finland.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

formatting link
or

formatting link

Reply to
BernieM

At one point in time I saw a 'docking station' like device from Targus I think that had a fan built in to blow air from underneath. No idea if it is still in their catalog, but maybe worth a minute to look.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

About $10 bought me a butcher block in the grocery that looks just like this, excpt all one color.

formatting link
fine

Reply to
bumtracks

That's great. Here's an alternative if concrete is more your style ;-)

formatting link

Reply to
BernieM

Reply to
nade

Remember a consumer sued Toshiba for leg burns that occured while using the laptop on a transatlantic flight. It seems that newer laptops seem to put out a lot of heat more than older ones and with it battery life is of much shorter duration. I understand that there are more accessories and toys to power up however i would suspect that battery size has been reduced to reduce the weight added when additional accessories have been added to keep weight within a range. What do others think of the mass market cheaper laptops that seem to be available now ?

Reply to
frankdowling1

Wish I could sell my older HP for a newer one with more bells and whistles, and at a much cheaper price.

Reply to
Toomanyputters

Reply to
nade

A mesh pad underneath will allow air circulation - my wife's got such a thing I cut out for her from remnants from under the berths which are designed to avoid mildew/mold in a moist environment.

L8R

Skip

Reply to
Skip Gundlach

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.