detecting wireless networks and creating a new local area connection

hi all,

please help this new member.

i have an IBM think pad that is running Windows 2000 professional. it has a wireless card in it: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter

some time ago the hard drive to my pc was corrupted and changed (under warranty!) when the operating system etc was reloaded back to my pc i lost a number of functions that i previously had and i do not seem to be able to find them anywhere!!

one of those funtions is the ability to be able to scan for wireless networks, i can log onto them by manually inputting the details into the local area connection settings if known.

my question is two fold:

id there anyway i can regain this ability to scan automatically for wireless networks?

how can i create new local area connections? currently i have to keep overwriting the details in the one that i have when i change sites.

many thanks

BBB

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
badboybobbing
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
are some "detect my system" buttons on the page, if you don't want to read the little tiny gray labeling on the bottom of the Thinkpad.

formatting link
"Thinkvantage Access Connections" is the program that provides the WiFi scanning stuff.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.