Broadcoms SecureEasySetup

has anyone had experience with this application. Had made setting up a secure network a breeze with my linksys WRT54G.. I wonder how it works, if I knew that, I could manually set up the same thing and have it actually send/receive packets. thanks

Reply to
IZ
Loading thread data ...

Good Morning guys, I still haven't been able actually connect securely ( although the neighbor's Netgear network works great on my system ) anyway Linksys tech support team told me my firmware needed to be updated ( no it didn't since I'd done that ) since I can't find the app from Gateway nor Linksys (i'd purchased the laptop & router several weeks ago ). Must add that Linksys has a great site for setting up WPA, etc. secure networks... just for some reason I can't get mine to send data. I'm wired to other PCs on the network and due to my inability to securely setup, some immature person got into my network and cost me many many hours of reformatting and restoring backups for the entire house. I wish somebody more savvy than I could give me some advice. I'm a total newbie to WIFI etc. although I have learned a whole lot the hard way recently. Maybe someone knows an IRC channel that could help me out ? I'm not a tech just a half assed PC/OS enthusiast. thanks Please someone out there... help !!! Jim

"IZ" wrote in message news:c7v%f.28027$ snipped-for-privacy@news-wrt-01.rdc-nyc.rr.com...

Reply to
IZ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.