Are Pretec going to do WPA drivers for their SDIO cards?

Every time I check their site or via google, I find a "WEP (WPA coming soon)" message. "Soon" is a long time coming. I have problems with using 128k WEP keys on my Pretec SDIO card to a Netgear 834 box, it works at 64k but won't authenticate at 128k (other gear works to the Netgear at 128k WEP key size so I think the Netgear is innocent).

Hence I'd love a new Pretec driver for WPA. Anyone heard?

Reply to
Colum Mylod
Loading thread data ...

I've had luck with other vendors with WiFi certified product by going to the WiFi cert folks and asking how they got certification without WPA. One questy from the certification agency offering to pull their cert is worth thousands of customers calling to ask for their drivers...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

It has been or quite a while now, see

formatting link
for more details than you'd ever want to know. Of course, one out is that products don't _have_ to be WiFi certified. Many vendors provide beta drivers to the WiFi folks to get certified and then never make them available to customers...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I wasn't aware that WPA might be a certification requirement, it certainly looks like a good angle of "attack" as it were. I've sent off a message using their web form since if you google for Pretec WPA there are *oodles* of web sites with the same "coming soon" message dating from mid 2004. Call me impatient but mid 2004 is beyond "shortly" or "soon". :-)

Reply to
Colum Mylod

Very interesting site, thanks. It doesn't have any "Pretec" listed (unless wi-fi certifies by the real chip mfu too?) which might explain their tardiness in issuing WPA drivers.

Reply to
Colum Mylod

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.