antenna switch

Hi,

This is a variant on a question I asked a couple days ago. Again I'm not the most hardware knowledgable so apologies in advance.

I have two WiFi (802.11b here) routers that I'm using to conduct some experiments. They will be co-located (~half wavelength spacing) and sending broadcast packets in a continuous loop over the duration of the experiment. I originally wanted to disable carrier sense on the routers so that they could transmit packets simultaneously. Given the difficulty I've had trying to achieve this as an alternative I would like to use some sort of timed switching device. Essentially I would like this device to on each clock cycle short one of the routers to its respective antenna and open circuit the other router from its antenna and ground its output, and then on the next cycle do the opposite. I'd like a clock period of about 2 msec. The idea then would be that the routers would not block one another from transmitting.

One might ask why not just let them both transmit without this switching device, in theory the carrier sense should allow equal channel use, but I've observed that its not as evenly distrubuted over time intervals as I would like for my experiments. Thanks for any suggestions on this device,

Kev

Reply to
kevin.pavin
Loading thread data ...

look up solid state RF switch and you will see things like this:

formatting link

Reply to
no_one

Pin diodes at the end of a 1/4 wave Stub.......

Reply to
You

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.