802.1x Success Stories ?

I am recommending 802.1x to a customer who wishes to deploy a secure Wi-Fi network, and I'd like to include in my presention a few names of companies, universities or public organizations who are currently using 802.1x.

Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Silverman
Loading thread data ...

Heres a few. Toyota, US Navy, Best Western Hotels, Boeing, Microsoft, National Security Agency, Edinburg Universtiy, Harvard University and so on.

If it is medium to large size business that will have many wireless users then using 802.1x with a radius server is the way to go. 802.1x is actually used with wpa-psk using EAPOL but using a users passphrase as an authentication method and used in creating the initial encryption keys.

I think the question is rather to use 802.11i (WPA2 Enterprise) or WPA Enterprise, the main difference being in the encryption, data integrity and key generation methods. TKIP and MIC or AES and CCMP etc.

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.