IPSec on 3Com OfficeConnecr 3CR858 with any Win VPN client

Hi all,

we have some serious trouble in configuring an IPSec tunnel between a

3Com 3CR858 router and a Windows PC. The router is behind a transparent bridge on a 2/2Mbit/s SDSL link with a static IP address. I've tried to connect to the IPSec tunnel using NCP, Greenbow and SSH Sentinel so far with no success. Phase I finishes as long as I use aggressive mode, but Phase II always terminates with a "Something wrong" log entry on the router. The 3Com hotline lacks any kind of competence so far, after 20 minutes telephoning with a guy asking for the serial number, the weather and several other major important things he told us he is not a technician and we should ask for a service ticket online. My "road warrior" setup on the windows PC is directly connected to an ADSL modem to eliminate NAT trouble.

Any idea?

Reply to
Stefan Huebner
Loading thread data ...

YGWYPF.

Take the log from the Windows XP VPN connection. It's unusual clear and easy to read. In the failure dialog mark "Enable logging" and retry. The next failure dialog offers a link to the report generator.

If you have further problems, please ask me directly (in German, if you prefer). As an educated guess, I'd suspect an NO_PROROCOL_CHOOSEN from the 3com, because there is PFS enabled for Phase 2 on the 3com device.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.