X-Lite 3.0: one single SIP provider only?

Can X-Lite 3.0, unlike the previous version, only support one single SIP provider? One I configured an account the "Add" button is greyed out. Is X-Lite intensionally crippled differentiate against CounterPath's other software? Can version 2.0 still be downloaded?

Reply to
Georg Schwarz
Loading thread data ...

Interesting; I see that I cannot add an account past the first one either. The PDF users' guide discusses a mandatory X-lite service account, which I never saw on any 3.0 install that I have done, and also a 'second' account for an unrelated provider. All discussions refer to two accounts which implies an upper limit. Without the mandatory account, it seems that one account is the limit.

If you don't find V2.0 online, let me know off-usenet.

Michael

Reply to
msg

X-Lite 3.0 only supports one SIP provider. You have to buy eyeBeam if you want more than one.

Reply to
M.L.

The YATE project, a Free/libre Open Source Software for telephoney engine/softswitch has made available quite a good server and client; particularly the Qt4 based client.

One may add and, or configure as many providers as one needs, provided your machine is powerful enough to take care of the load.

Please do have a look at

formatting link
even the
formatting link
version 2.0.0 though a beta as yet, is also almost stable per my experience.

Hope that helps, Cheers,

Reply to
Balwinder S Dheeman

The interface looks ghastly.

Reply to
M.L.

Yes, it is, if that matters that much :) OTOH, the beauty of open source software is these can be improved, please ask/talk to the developers as to how you/one can contribute.

The other options are: KPhone, SJPhone, Gizmo-Project and, or even X-Lite 3.0 running on the same machine but connected to YATE server; YATE if configured properly can/will take care of all the routing problems.

Reply to
Balwinder S Dheeman

Please don't encourage, promote and, or use closed/propriety X-Lite etc; try, recommend and, or contribute the Free/Libre and Open Source Software instead.

In yate client one can simultaneously login arbitrary number of providers, make and receive H.323, IAX and SIP calls directly to other people running such clients around or accessible to one's network.

I have learned some cases where people are using the yate server and clients in heavily loaded production environments, e.g. call centers and geographically scattered enterprise offices.

OTOH, I have managed to fix some problems in the yate-gtk2 and am making available the alpha release of binary packages for Debian and, or Ubuntu variants. All you need to do is, add the following line to your apt config file /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb

formatting link
testing main

and then execute:

# apt-get update # apt-get install yate-gtk2

and, or

# apt-get install yate-qt4

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Reply to
Balwinder S Dheeman

Balwinder S Dheeman wrote in :

I tried the yate-gtk2 version from debian stable and got somewhat hard to understand reasons why I couldn't call SIP urls directly:

Call rejected error='noroute' reason='No route to call target' [0x81a2c68]

And on a call via a SIP provider I got absolutely no audio. And could not find a way to configure audio.

Koos

Reply to
Koos van den Hout

:

You need to choose either a provider to which you are registered or protocol from drop-down lists. The later one to make direct calls and we need not add sip://, iax:// and, or other h323 protocol prefixes, just snipped-for-privacy@example.com is sufficient.

Try choosing one of OSS and, or ALSA module for Yate-gt2 and newer Yate-qt4, and see which one works better for your installation. Although, my machines are running on latest Linux kernel version

2.6.24.4 with ALSA modules (OSS is considered obsolete these days), but the emulated OSS layer of ALSA works better in many a other applications including yate-clients.

As for as configuration is concerned you may tweak around setting in the /etc/yate/yate-gtk2.conf or /etc/yate/yate-qt4.conf files respectively. All you need to do enable or disable loading of appropriate module in the [modules] section:

-------- 8< -------- [modules] ; Enable only one of these, as per your operating system alsachan.yate=false ;osschan.yate=false

; We need not enable the following, when in client mode extmodule.yate=false mysqldb.yate=false pgsqldb.yate=false

; Use following for debugging and, or tessting callgen.yate=false rmanager.yate=false

-------- 8< --------

FYI, I don't maintain the official yate packages, but anyone may freely download latest yate package from my personal repositories:

deb

formatting link
testing main

Hope that helps, Cheers,

Reply to
Balwinder S Dheeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.