When You Dial 911, Can Help Find You?

Why wouldn't dialing 100 get me anywhere? Don't they do interdigit timing like all the telcos do?

Reply to
Jer
Loading thread data ...

Infone is great! I highly recommend Infone. It's more like a concierge service with all the extras they provide and cheaper than VZW's pathetic info service, that has failed me a couple of times, when I needed it most. Wrong number and couldn't find the right city:(

The Infone operater will stick with you until every lookup possibilty is exhausted.

They also give directions and a bunch of other included services. They spend, IIRC, up to 15 minutes helping to find the correct number/info.

The only hassle is setting up credit card billing, since they operate outside your carrier's billing system. But it's worth the one time setup inconvenience. They use to offer 5 free lookups. I got 10 but that's no longer available.

Ther's also an Infone 800 CS number that doesn't cost if you need to work out a billing problem.

- David

Reply to
David L
[snip]

Possibly, if anything was allocated to 100, but it isn't..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Don't you think that if someone keeled over in a library, a regular landline will be available? When you are in a public place, you do not have the only telephone around. If I have an emergency in a hotel, I am going to use the house phone even if it costs $5.00 to make a call.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.