vonage's softphone vs other soft phones

i'm wondering why i shouldn't be able to hook the vonage adaptor up to my modem and use any softphone out there (i used callsoft & callclerk prior to subscribing to vonage this morning). i haven't received my linksys adaptor yet, and am anxious to see if it works, since they don't say a thing about using softphones on vonage.com.

i just want speakerphone. and unless i get speakerphone POTS hardware, vonage doesn't indicate whether you can get speakerphone service with their product.

anybody else out there that has tried this, or some other configuration? i refuse to pay them 9.95 a month just to use a softphone. isn't it the irony of it all, getting telephony over IP, and having to scramble for some software to use it.

Reply to
the Visitor
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Vonage Knowledge Base:

Use Search the Learning Center key in:

softphone

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.