PC modem and use of Vonage

Anyone use a PC voice modem WITH VONAGE successfully as their answering machine so they can have added flexibility in voice prompts and mailboxes with outgoing messages?

If so, does it work well?

What modem are you using and what downloadable (free or paid) telephony software?

Internal or External that is still sold today?

Thank you Patty

Reply to
Patty
Loading thread data ...

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 02:49:02 GMT, Patty wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I've considered using a PC-based interface, but decided not to do so in favor of a separate mini-pbx. I know there are a number of products out there, but the one I use is made by Talkswitch. Although my particular model (the Concero) is no longer made, this one is quite similar:

formatting link
I've been using my Concero for more than ten years, and have migrated between ISDN, POTS, and, for the past two+ years, Vonage. IMO, it significantly leverages the inherent capability of Vonage while providing month-to-month, 24-7, forget-it's- there, stability.

Flatus

Reply to
Flatus Ohlfahrt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.