local company versus skype

that is correct.

Reply to
dc
Loading thread data ...

When he says enable as a router, I believe he means set it up for internet connection sharing. Which you should have gone through when installing the second NIC, in your pc.

With this, I believe, that the phone adapter must be configured for NAT (Network Address Translation) See:

formatting link

Reply to
dc

from what I understand in your previous post, the wire less connection goes into your PC, to provide the internet, then you have the second non-wireless NIC. The non wireless nic is where the crossover cable would plug in, and where the internet connection sharing would be setup. Basically I think its set up by giving it an internal address (192.168.1.1, or something along those lines) in the Network properties of the NIC.

Reply to
dc

dc wrote: [..]

connection goes

non-wireless

yes.

thanks,

Thufir

Reply to
hawat.thufir

hey, I bought the crossover cable ($14.99 CAD at radioshack), plugged everything in, enabled ICS and...nothing. Took a nap, woke up, everything works :)

thanks for the help, guys!

Thufir

Reply to
hawat.thufir

I am glad it worked. I will need to get one too then for when I hook it up to my PC :D

Reply to
dc

dc wrote: [..]

plugged

[..]

had I known that it, the crossover cable, was required I would've really pushed for them to substitute the regular cable for a crossover cable...you might make an argument that the regular cable isn't sufficient.

-Thufir

Reply to
hawat.thufir

With "things"? I guess they are not normally included with toasters, string cheese, or sans-a-belt slacks, no. But a good share of the networking hardware I've bought over the years (wireless router, PMCIA ethernet adapter, Vonage ATA, etc.) has included them.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

From digital voice, I didn't get a network cable. Network cables aren't normally included with things.

Reply to
dc
[snip]

I got one with my Sipura SPA-2000 and with the Grandstream ATA-486 and with the Netgear DM602 modem/router and.....

Yes they are..!

Ivor

PS I have a reel of bulk cable and usually crimp my own, but they *are* supplied. Usually anyway.

Reply to
Ivor Jones

U are right. I am sorry. I did get one with mine. I just forgot I had given it to a friend becuase I have so many. They do not come with copiers that can be connected, is what I should have said. dc

Reply to
dc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.