Home VOIP gateway for outgoing calls while I'm on the road.

I am using Gafachi

formatting link
which seems to be working well these days.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz
Loading thread data ...

No considerable wrath at all.

Ohh, I did not know you could configure your caller ID to be whatever you want. Actually that could be a bit scary as you could spoof someone's phone number.

I also did not realize you could get prepaid services with no monthly fees. Very, interesting. Got any URLs of such services handy? Heck, that'd be cheaper than my current long distance even when I'm at home.

That does change the equation quite a bit. Especially given Wolfgang's negative comments regarding the echo and sound volumes.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Toews

I use both Gefachi and Teliax

formatting link
They have roughly similar plans (no monthly for an outgoing-only account and

2cents/min.)

For incoming calls we have two ipkall numbers. The biggest problem with those was that our local friends object to making expensive long distance calls to call us across town. Thats why I ended up getting teliax, just for the local phone number. The trick is to look for pay-as-you-go "business" plans.

formatting link
One thing I didn't realize when I signed up for an incoming number with teliax was that incoming calls cost the same as outgoing. It threw me for a bit of a loop at first, but than I realized that compared to my total POTS bill it isn't a big enough deal moneywise to worry about yet.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

And they even take PayPal. Very nice. I will definitely be giving this one a try in a day or two.

Thanks for disagreeing with me.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Toews

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.