Free DID USA # was posted on Voxilla

There is a post on Voxilla today that vociestick.com is offering USA DID's to almost every area code.

I just signed up. I loved my Stanaphone but no one here in Nevada wanted to call a NY #.

I now have free incoming calls to my local Nevada area.

They also have a unlimited $25 a month GLOBAL plan. Matbe I will switch. Should call my brother in Germany more often.

Anyone else using this company?

Reply to
Alf
Loading thread data ...

Voicestick doesn't run on Linux. Is there any way of hooking up a general SIP device to Voicestick's servers? Or IAX2?

Cheers,

Reply to
Klaus Alexander Seistrup

I just started using them Monday. They had my area code. Wonder if it will stay free...

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

"Jonathan Roberts" wrote in news:nQa6g.20$4I.2@dukeread10:

I called in and they said it will remain free. I guess they earn termination income so it is not a loss item.

Reply to
Ben

I tried. Outbound calls are also working from a normal "hardware" IP telephone. Inbound calls are wether working on the hardware device, nor with VoiceStick's softphone. The SIP log of my hardware phone shows that when attempting to make an inbound call, no SIP requests are coming until Voicestick decides to cancel the call setup attempt, in which case a CANCEL request is received, which is rejected by the phone, as it doesn't know any matching INVITE request. Tracing the network traffic to the softphone shows that there is a different problem. Voicestick is properly sending an INVITE request, but it is completely ignored by the softphone application.

Tor

Reply to
Tor-Einar Jarnbjo

My son was playing around with the Xten softphone for Mac. It worked well with VoiceStick, anyone try it with Linux?

Reply to
ken sims

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.