Day Three: Vonage sucks

Three times in a row, their router gave me a DHCP address on reboot, and approximately one hour later, refused to accept any packets, including pings, new DHCP requests, and attempts to access the configuration http server. Reboot again is the only way to get back online.

Their tech support is just like Microsoft: Unplug, cycle power, reboot, .... Except that Microsoft uses phone lines that don't cut out and techs that can understand my English.

Next, I am unable to call the number they gave me. Their tech was unable to accept my explanation that a firewall IN THE COMPUTER is not able to keep the adapter upstream from talking to their server.

Audio quality was OK, except that about ten times in a fifteen minute call it snipped about one second of audio from the conversation.

I'm sending it back.

Reply to
Wes Groleau
Loading thread data ...

Day four: It takes seven or eight levels of automated menus to get to a human to tell them you want the refund. But it's interesting that when you select a sales or "un-sale" option instead of tech support, you get someone who speaks English.

However, he uses his command of English to apply the hard-sell. Didn't work, just irritated me even more.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.