List of PBX models supportinmg caller name

Hello

I am doing research on PBX capabilities and am trying to find out which PBX manufacturers can pickup the caller name (if presented). Obviously most PBX's (probably all) support but want to find out if any can detect caller name. If they can what do they do with the information - eg display on telset?

I believe that SIP PBX's are most likely to offer this feature.

Angus

Reply to
Angus
Loading thread data ...

Most PBXs should offer this as a feature, even stretching back to the days long before VOIP. :)

Note though, that this is a loaded question. You have to consider what trunks feed the PBX, how those trunks are setup, (several trunk types don't support CLID info, or only do in 1 out of the 4 types of delivery they can have), and if the telco makes you purchase CLID name info ontop of the existing delivery (ie. PRI requires a seperate caller ID name service as well as the built-in calling-number delivery). Getting stock POTS line delivery for a small office would also require each line subscribing to caller-ID service.

Also, each PBX may require to have newer hardware than ancient stuff made sometime in the '80s, so buying used PBX's may not get you what you are looking for, as current hardware supports it, but sometimes they wrap in old hardware into used bundles, and the old hardware may not support what you are looking for.

If you are shopping around, its easy enough to put that down as a feature requirement for your quote request, but I'd assume that it would be standard in general, but lots of other things influence it too.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.