Avaya Emergency - Any ideas?

Well, Avaya has gotten me into a bind. Maybe somebody out there has run into this before, it's worth a shot :)

We have an internal outsourcer running Avaya IP phones and an S8300 with SLP. In the states, we have an S8700 that we need to use to run the IP phones (the S8300 is failover). Unfortunately and unavoidably we are getting latency times of about 315ms roundtrip to the remote site. This seems to be on the verge of acceptable, because the IP phones can sometimes register, but other times we are receiving an error "2011 IP FURQ-NoQ931 msg rcvd Force Unregistration Request". It seems to be extremely random. We called Avaya and it they said the registration confirmation is not getting from the phone back to the

8700 in a timely mannger. There are absolutely no firewall restrictions of any kind between the phone and the 8700.

So what I'm left with is either finding a way to MAKE this work, or putting a bunch of really expensive equipment up on eBay :( We are looking for a way to override this behavior, either by extending the timeout or forcing the phone to register somehow. By the way, I'm willing to pay for advice that works...

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

Jason Kolb jason.kolb at gmail dot com

Reply to
Jason Kolb
Loading thread data ...

You may not have enough bandwidth, or there may be a problem with the data connection between the sites, or any possible failure points in between (cabling, router, switch, CO). Has this problem just started, or has this been going on since installation/setup?

Reply to
Nette

Try posting this in Yahoo groups avaya list.

Reply to
Giganews

Hi

You dont mention where the end points are! as 315mS may be the rountrip time if say one is in the US (again you dont mention west mid or east) and the other in central europe for example. remember you can beat the laws of physics, So if you can let us know the end points its very simple to work out the theoretical best delay

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Opps should have read "remember you can't beat the laws"

Reply to
Ian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.