Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Caller ID says, "Do not answer" [Telecom]
I just received a call where the caller ID said, "DO NOT ANSWER." Are some telcos catching up with the scam operators, or is this some new tactic by the scammers? Is it related to the Truth in Caller...

[telecom] Crack in Internet's foundation of trust allows HTTPS session hijacking
Crack in Internet's foundation of trust allows HTTPS session hijacking Attack dubbed CRIME breaks crypto used to prevent snooping of sensitive data. by Dan Goodin Ars Technica Sept 13 2012 A screen...

[telecom] Why the iPhone 5 on Verizon and Sprint Won't Juggle Calls and Data
Why the iPhone 5 on Verizon and Sprint Won't Juggle Calls and Data By BRIAN X. CHEN SEPTEMBER 13, 2012 A lot has changed in Apple's new iPhone. But with the Verizon Wireless and Sprint versions of the...

Major outage in West Glacier, Montana [telecom]
The entire phone system is out of service in West Glacier, Montana. The grocery store, restaurants, the Post Office and my phone are all out of order, and everyone is saying "fiber cut". I don't have...

[telecom] Frankston: The Signal Has Left The Network
"The Signal Has Left The Network" Bob Frankston September 6, 2012 As I explain in this talk, the Internet is about radical simplicity. If we set our minds to it we can do amazing things. Yet everyday...

[telecom] Are Unlimited Data Plans Dead? T-Mobile USA Says No
Are Unlimited Data Plans Dead? T-Mobile USA Says No By BRIAN X. CHEN AUGUST 22, 2012 Just when cellphone customers were beginning to think "all you can eat" data plans were a relic of the past,...

[telecom] Smartphone? Presto! 2-Way Radio
Smartphone? Presto! 2-Way Radio By DAVID POGUE September 5, 2012 Cave drawings, smoke signals, letters, Pony Express, telegrams, phone calls, text messages. From the dawn of civilization, man has...

Problem using modem with phone on T junction - when drop call [telecom] on local analog phone, remote end not detecting disconnect
Hello I have a normal analog phone and a modem going into a telephone T junction and then into master socket to exchange. The reason for this is I have problem collecting the Caller ID from the serial...

[telecom] Apple will buy back-and recycle-your iPhone 4S
Apple will buy back-and recycle-your iPhone 4S The move could be another indicator that a new iPhone is on the way. by Jacqui Cheng Aug 30 2012 Ars Technica Apple has expanded its iDevice buyback...

[telecom] Can YOU crack the Gauss uber-virus encryption?
Can YOU crack the Gauss uber-virus encryption? Appeal for help to break open hidden scrambled payload By John Leyden 14 August 2012 The Register Antivirus experts have called on cryptographers and...

[telecom] Hack on Saudi Aramco hit 30,000 workstations, oil firm admits
Hack on Saudi Aramco hit 30,000 workstations, oil firm admits First hacktivist-style assault to use malware? By John Leyden 29 August 2012 The Register Analysis Saudi Aramco said that it had put its...

[telecom] Verizon to credit Merrimack Valley customers who lost service
Verizon to credit Merrimack Valley customers who lost service Aug 31, 2012 LAWRENCE, Mass. - Admitting there were some issues with customer service over the last four days, Verizon says it will credit...

SIMM Interchangeability? [telecom]
I currently use a Samsung SGH-747 cell phone on the ATT network. It has a 3G SIM card. If I get a Samsung Galaxy S3, will the Galaxy's 4G (LTE) SIMM card work in the SGH-747, if I need to use the...

[telecom] Study says drivers, not cellphones, pose the accident risk
Cellphones' role in crashes doubted Study says drivers, not cellphones, pose the accident risk By Hiawatha Bray | GLOBE STAFF AUGUST 27, 2012 Don't blame the technology. For those who argue that a ban...

[telecom] Jury Awards $1 Billion to Apple in Samsung Patent Case
Jury Awards $1 Billion to Apple in Samsung Patent Case By NICK WINGFIELD August 24, 2012 Apple won a decisive victory on Friday in a lawsuit against Samsung, a verdict that will give Apple ammunition...