Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Who Owns Your Digital Life?
Who Owns Your Digital Life? Online privacy changes and Instagram. Who owns your digital life? On Point with Tom Ashbrook December 20, 2012 Wild uproar this week in the world of Instagram - the digital...

[telecom] Google Maps is not blocking Windows Phone, Google says
Google Maps is not blocking Windows Phone, Google says By Salvador Rodriguez January 4, 2013 Google is denying reports online Friday that say the company started blocking Windows Phone users from...

[telecom] ConnecTV is bringing ads to TV viewers' mobile devices
ConnecTV is bringing ads to TV viewers' mobile devices When the Ad Sync technology recognizes a commercial, actor or key term on television, it can deliver a related ad to the smartphones and tablet...

[telecom] Vast cache of Kaiser patient details was kept in private home
Vast cache of Kaiser patient details was kept in private home The case of Kaiser and Sure File Filing Systems underscores how patient information remains vulnerable in the hands of healthcare...

[telecom] SEAS Computer Scientists Find Vulnerabilities in Cisco VoIP Phones
SEAS Computer Scientists Find Vulnerabilities in Cisco VoIP Phones Computer Science PhD candidate Ang Cui and Computer Science Professor Salvatore Stolfo have found serious vulnerabilities in Cisco...

[telecom] FCC proposes changes to lower pay-phone rates for prisoners
FCC proposes changes to lower pay-phone rates for prisoners By Christine Mai-Duc This post has been updated. See below for details. December 28, 2012, 12:37 p.m. The Federal Communications Commission...

[telecom] Starbucks sells $1 reusable cup, Square mobile card readers
Starbucks sells $1 reusable cup, Square mobile card readers By Tiffany Hsu January 3, 2013, 9:23 a.m. Starting Thursday, Starbucks addicts can get their grande lattes in a $1 reusable plastic cup,...

Massachusetts SJC says Police can search cellphone call lists [telecom]
Mass. high court: Police don't need warrant to view cellphone call list after arrest 12/05/2012 By John R. Ellement, Globe Staff The state's highest court ruled today that police in Massachusetts do...

[telecom] Outmaneuvered at Their Own Game, Antivirus Makers Struggle to Adapt
Outmaneuvered at Their Own Game, Antivirus Makers Struggle to Adapt By NICOLE PERLROTH December 31, 2012 SAN FRANCISCO - The antivirus industry has a dirty little secret: its products are often not...

Happy New Year [telecom]
Another year has come and gone, and I'll take this opportunity to thank you all for your support and your contributions during 2012. I'll add a special thanks to John Levine, who has provided the...

[telecom] Disruptions: The Real Hazards of E-Devices on Planes
My feeling toward airline passengers who want to pretend that they are radio-frequency engineers is probably shared by most other travellers. I think these spoiled brats *deserve* to be punched in the...

[telecom] Merger Made Comcast Strong, U.S. Web Users Weak
Merger Made Comcast Strong, U.S. Web Users Weak By Susan Crawford Dec 25, 2012 Bloomberg On a gray day in February 2010, Brian Roberts sat facing the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee's antitrust...

[telecom] Summary of the December 24, 2012 Amazon ELB Service Event in the US-East Region
Summary of the December 24, 2012 Amazon ELB Service Event in the US-East Region We would like to share more details with our customers about the event that occurred with the Amazon Elastic Load...

[telecom] Verizon Announces End of 900 Number Billing
(I thought I had seen a similar post in c.d.t., but can't find it now. So if this is a dupe, feel free to fold, spindle, and mutilate.) Verizon, which still handles a hefty chunk of landline calls,...

[telecom] New Online Privacy Rules for Children
New Online Privacy Rules for Children By NATASHA SINGER December 19, 2012 In a move intended to give parents greater control over data collected about their children online, federal regulators on...