Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Car-Sharing Services Grow, and Expand Options
Car-Sharing Services Grow, and Expand Options By STEPHANIE STEINBERG and BILL VLASIC January 25, 2013 WASHINGTON - As more companies and even nonprofits enter the fast-growing business of car sharing,...

Idaho lawmakers look at throwing away the "Do Not Call List" [telecom]
If you'd read the original article, you'd have seen that it's about an Idaho law that prohibits telephone companies from telemarketing to their own customers. The federal DNC list is about...

Verizon Communications Posts .2 Billion Loss After One-Off Costs [telecom]
Verizon Communications Posts $4.2 Billion Loss After One-Off Costs USA based Verizon Communications has reported that its fourth-quarter revenues rose by 5.7% to reach US$30.05 billion. However, the...

[telecom] Verizon kicks off two shared data plans for businesses
Verizon kicks off two shared data plans for businesses Wireless Data Just Became Easier for Businesses http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/01/business-share-everything-plans.html Verizon...

[telecom] Atlantic Tele-Network sells off rural carrier to AT&T
Atlantic Tele-Network sells off rural carrier to AT&T Nearly three years after Atlantic Tele-Network Inc. acquired rural cellphone carrier Alltel for $200 million, the Beverly-based company is cashing...

[telecom] Even if It Enrages Your Boss, Social Net Speech Is Protected
Even if It Enrages Your Boss, Social Net Speech Is Protected By STEVEN GREENHOUSE January 21, 2013 As Facebook and Twitter become as central to workplace conversation as the company cafeteria, federal...

[telecom] MIT hacked again, URLs redirected
MIT hacked again, URLs redirected By Joanna Kao January 22, 2013 The Tech MIT was hacked on Tuesday around noon, with MIT URLs redirecting to a webpage claiming credit for the attack in remembrance of...

[telecom] iPhone Low-cost Numbers
iPhone Low-cost Numbers January 20, 2013 Edited by Jean-Louis Gassée Monday Note For years, Apple's been told its products were too expensive - and prospered mightily. Today, many suggest Apple...

Amtel apartment entry phone [telecom]
In a recent building demolition I grabbed an Amtel Apartment entry type phone. (I can email pictures). Basically there is no display on the unit...just a handset, hookswitch, red indicator "in use"...

Better News for Verizon, AT&T [telecom]
After a rocky 2012, everything is coming up roses for Verizon Communications and AT&T, and the bloom could last for much of the year. In the quarterly reports they will release this week, Verizon (VZ)...

"Rachel" in the funny papers [telecom]
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:14:54 -0800, (Dave Platt) wrote in Since I am paying for all calls that reach my cell phone, shouldn't I have the right to receive ANI instead of or in addition to caller ID?

[telecom] Investors Grapple With Core Reality of Apple
Investors Grapple With Core Reality of Apple By STEVEN RUSSOLILLO January 17, 2013 As shares of Apple Inc. tumbled below $500 this week, Daniel Genter and his colleagues at RNC Genter Capital...

[telecom] Amazon Launches Music Store for Apple Devices
Amazon Launches Music Store for Apple Devices By SAABIRA CHAUDHURI January 17, 2013 Inc. has launched a version of its MP3 store geared specifically toward Apple Inc.'s iPhone and iPod Touch that...

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for the Telecom Digest [telecom]
This is the list of frequently-asked questions for The Telecom Digest, and it is sent to new subscribers automatically. It is also posted in the Digest whenever the contents change, and once per...

[telecom] Case Study: Pro-active Log Review Might Be A Good Idea
Case Study: Pro-active Log Review Might Be A Good Idea Andrew Valentine January 14, 2013 With the New Year having arrived, it's difficult not to reflect back on last year's caseload. While the...